Tuesday, September 7, 2010

de what?

My friend, Felicia and myself of course, had been planning to go nomnom hunting for a while and Delizze was not actually first on our list. We planned to go to "The Junk" since many,suituapui included, had recommended the Lamb Shank. But an hour before fetching Fel, my cousin called over and told me that The Junk does not open during Tuesdays. What a pity.


My cousin recommended quite a number of places to us but lastly, texted me to go try out Grilled Pork at My Restaurant which is at Muara Tabuan. All I was thinking was "fancy name and pork, why not?". Headed over there, and damn, the road there was if a zombie was gonna jump out in front of us anytime. But, Fel reassured me that zombies only exist in western countries! LOL! yeah right!!! Well, we reached the place and had 2nd thoughts, the name, although fancy as it its, did not had the same surrounding. Just one look, or maybe two, changed our minds. OK, I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but hey, I'll probably go try that place out some other time. =P

So, we headed to Delizze. Had mixed thoughts about the place after looking through some reviews and hearing a little fro my cousin. But, the place looked nice and inviting, what the heck. So in we go, and whoosh!!! the smell of the pastries, the meat. OMG! This will not go wrong!!

We took a seat outside (regret!!!) damn mosquitoes!! And glanced through the menu. We both wanted to order everything. The description sounded so nice and the pics of the food just add to our greed. Fel ordered hot chocolate, a salad ( i forgot the name) and rib-eye steak. While I had, Ice blended Coffee and Beef Tenderloin. And being the Asian that I am, I requested the meat to be "well-done". The service was very fast, our food came out around 15minutes, give or take.


pisang goreng what? kam-lan? wuahahaha


our salad!! argh!! reminds me, I forgot to taste the pine nuts. =s

My Beef Tenderloin, I would say not bad, but I'd go for medium rare next time. And the fries are NOT home made!! though it was stated so in the menu. LAWSUIT COMING RIGHT UP!! NOT!!

Fel's Rib Eye Steak. Looks nice, except for the pool of tomato over the meat. But tasted better than mine. =s


Overall, I would recommend this place, the place looks nice, nice quick service and the food was not bad actually. I'd definately be back for the other dishes, the pastries, and the meat selection there. The pastrami and the various sausages too. Keep in mind, this place serves halal food. No pork! No pork!


I'll end this post with a picture I took this afternoon.


Ta-Dah!! pieces of glass inside my wheel arch. cool, ain't it? =_=

5 comments:

suituapui said...

My Restaurant is ok what - German chef , fat guy. Or go to the Carvery... Hmmmm...mustn't tell you too much, wait till I go to Kuching. Now what glass is that? You pasang...like kat-tho - the blades you tie to the legs of fighting cocks?

Alfieeeeee said...

LOLZ i'm nt that bad to purposely pasang the glass there. It's pieces of glass umw did not remove from inside the wheel arch. went over few bumps then these things pop out.

Samzie said...

to be honest...i was judging "my restaurant" for more than 5-6 yrs... never wanted to go in because it doesnt look appetizing from the outside... but my brother in law kept asking us to bring him there..actually found out the food is really good.... better than carvery to be honest....the fat chef was actually the head chef from carvery... well.....u should go try out the macam macam ada at grand Margarita...lots of FOOD for u

Samzie said...

OIii...u sounded like ur cousin loves food soo much...:P
ur cousin only loves good food oki? not the so so....
i recommend u to go steak house at hilton....lu mai ki leh...:P
by the way...now i know who was the one u bring out for DINNER>...hehehe

Alfieeeeee said...

EEEEEEE. DUN TEMPT ME LIAOOOOOOOO!!!! and ehem!! i brought my friend to dinner nia mahhh. hush hush!! and HELLO!!! HILTON SO OUT OF MY BUDGET LEHHHH. LOLZ. WAIT I KAHWIN PARIS HILTON 1ST LAHH.