Monday, July 5, 2010

gu bak mee.

WAHHHH SHIOK LAH!

I had gu bak mee/mi sapi/beef noodles last night at this 24hour coffee shop beside the bus station. The one below Medan Hotel. And if I'm not mistaken, there's 2 stalls there selling beef noodles. I had the one from the guy selling his so-called 'western food'. Before moving here, his stall was at the place beside the Sibu Expo Centre. When he started over there, his steaks and other dishes were all very good. What a surprise. But like they say, good things never last. True enough. His steaks were getting worse and worse. And I did till him back then, about how the meat had this smell like it just came out of a fridge after sitting there for god knows how long. I hate that smell. His stall closed not long after. *sad music playing*


He started his new stall at this coffee shop last year. But, I never bothered to give it a try again. Probably because of past disappointment. Last night, I was too hungry. The kampua stall was closing and his was the last choice. I initially wanted the spaghetti after a friend's recommendation but how unlucky. Sold out. So I had the beef noodles. And oh when it came, it was still hot. And smelled so pleasant. I took one look at it and was like "This is gonna be good". You can always tell by the quality of the noodles used. It looked springy, or Q as some would say.The chili paste was also decent. I poured the whole thing in! The very hot broth and the heat from the chillies made me sweat like I just ran from Godzilla! Anyways, pics after these. And oh yeah. SanTiuPho (skinny dude) is back, he bought a little something something for me and Bobo got his haircut too!


Just look at the noodles! They look as if they could bounce up and down

Decent amount of beef! total cost? RM3

Second try? Hell yeah!

Ta-Dah! RM60 haircut! Sorry! no Before and After comparison available.

Ahh! he's so huggable!

AHEM! what's this??!

6 comments:

suituapui said...

Bad boy! Spank! Spank!!!

I ate at the western food stall at the Sibu Expo Centre once - not great, just cheap. Not surprised he closed down! Now I will have to go and try his beef noodles... When are you going again?

Alfieeeeee said...

hmm. not sure. maybe before i leave for kuching. I think you went to his stall after he started to suck. lolz. Because when he first opened, it was very nice. Even my mum liked it.

Vicky 刘宁 said...

more spank from me!

Alfieeeeee said...

spank? as in you wanna spank me? T^T

Ry said...

Fine cut's a small deal ;)

Alfieeeeee said...

blek