
Nyehehehehe.
Just got back from watching Prince of Persia so here's my short review.
I would say it's not that bad. Fans of the game might be slightly disappointed because in the movie, there's not enough action packed scenes to keep us guys interested. The whole story-line was actually quite predictable. Like most movies, there's romance in it. So they could actually get girls to watch it. I have a few complaints about the movie though.
Firstly, Jake Gyllenhaal does not look one bit like a persian dude. They should at least get someone who looks the part. I would recommend Oded Fehr, from The Mummy.
He looks so much more suitable to play the role. And he has that middle-eastern-ish accent to go along with.


SEE THE RESEMBLANCE???
ok, second complaint. They drag the storyline a bit toooooooo long for my taste. I mean there's nothing wrong about some romance scenes but pleaseeeeeee, not to the point where it gets old. I was practically yawning during these scenes!!
Third and final complaint. MORE ACTION PLEASE! THIS IS PRINCE OF PERSIA. NOT PRINCESS OF PERSIA!!! More fight scenes and more effects on these scenes. Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few typical game moves inside the movie which were kinda awesome but still. NOT ENOUGH! I WANT MORE!
Final Review:
Good but predictable story-line,
Nice fight scenes but not long and WOW enough,
Nice element of romance,
May disappoint hardcore fans of the game.
Not very famous cast, but still, good acting.
my rating?
7/10 as in watchable but forgettable.
3 comments:
Gonna watch this afternoon!! happy Gawai day by the way :D
Hello, thanks for dropping by my blog. I've linked you in my blogroll. Nice blog, you have too...love your banner.
Not into movies...cannot sit for so long! LOL!!! But this one's been getting good feedback comments - I see them a lot on Facebook.
@Vicky HAPPY GAWAII TO YOU TOOO
@Suituapui Good feedback for this movie? really? I almost fell asleep! =s it takes more blood and gore to keep me up. I guess that's what you get for a walt disney film =/
Post a Comment